Whether attending online, hybrid, or in-person classes it can be difficult to remain focused with everything going on in 2020. However, I have some tips that can help you stay focused academically this semester.
- Create a daily or weekly schedule that you can refer to when you want to stay ahead and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Keep track of any due dates, deadlines, exam dates, or class times.
- Determine times during your day where you have some free time to workout or just relax.
Study in Advance
- Create a system for each class to review any notes prior to exams.
- Try to begin studying a week prior to the exam at the latest.
- Do not overstudy for an exam to the point of stress.
- Contact the instructor if something in your notes is unclear.
- Write down questions that you feel might be asked on the exam.
- Know the broad overall topics and then study the smaller details.
Create a Group Chat
- Communication is key, a group chat with classmates can help everyone stay informed and avoid feeling behind.
- Group chats with friends can be a good source of entertainment throughout the day.
- Group chats with family members can help you stay connected while you are in college.
- Watch your favorite show or movie.
- Facetime someone to catch up.
- Go on an online shopping spree.
- Go for a run or workout.
- Try cooking a new recipe.
Take a look at the Educational Resources section to get more information about scholarships and learning resources.